Wednesday, July 13, 2011

NaNoWriMo Freak Out!

Has anyone out there ever attempted NaNoWriMo? For those of you not in the know, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month--A month where you write 50,000 words or more! It's pure torture, you hammer out so many words a day,  you tear your hear out, you HATE yourself, and yet I continously do it...Why? I'm not a masochist?

OH YEAH. It's because I ADORE that feeling of being a part of something HUGE. I love the support system that NaNo has, I love writing with other people, I love the finished product that I have on day 30. And I'm doing it again. Yes, that's right folks. It's way into July, which is the test run of Camp NaNoWriMo. And I'm doing it. WTH, MAGGIE? WHY! That's what I'm saying! Why?

I love it, and even if it feels like death while I'm going through it, I know it's worth it in the end. Only, right now I'm three days behind on wordcount, I'm flying to South Africa on Sunday, and I have no motivation to write.

Save me, nonexistent readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment